In order to ensure a good fit, I pinned the lining along its original seams and stitched it up. After sewing the bodice together in what I originally deemed an appropriate manner, days later I found myself staring at the dress and just being extremely displeased with the results, so I took her apart all over again. Poor thing.
|For shits and gigs: my cat gettin' all up in my space.|
When taking another look at the dress, I realized I had made a glaring oversight. On the side of the dress are 2 panels of stretchy fabric, to give the dress some elasticity in the fit. Well, I managed to not notice until then that one of the panels had almost entirely come undone, whereas the other one looked as fresh as the day some woman in her early 30s probably bought it at Macy's in the 70s. Anywho, as I'm sure you can assume, this isn't something that's going to fly with someone who's so picky about fit. So the panels came off:
That's really as far as I've gotten. I've been busy people. Kind of. Mostly I'm just sick of fiddling with this bitch and I need a break from her. So this will be a 2 parter. This post gives you a taste of what it is I do, and part 2 will show the finished product, if I ever make it there.